Tuesday 1 November 2011

Wonderful, historical, beautiful York.

How I love the city of York. The history and atmosphere in this place is just magic to me. Just before it was time to go back to school in September we decided to go away for a weekend break there. Train tickets booked we decided to stay at the youth hostel there.


After we dropped off our bags at the youth hostel we walked along the river and into the city. We had a lovely walk around taking in all the sights and planning our days.


The Railway Museum, we spent all morning wandering around here. It was very strange as we were some of the first into the museum , and in some areas we were the only people around.


We visited the Minster and had afternoon tea at Betty's. 


A visit to The Castle Museum. This has to be one of my favourite museums, so much to see and so fascinating.


A final walk around the city walls. Then having a go at making mosaics.

We also managed to fit in two visits to the Jorvik centre as Little Miss thought it was so good.

One of the best things is the museums we visited we can re-visit as many times as we want in the next year. 

I think this means we have to plan another visit...not that I will be complaining.

~x~


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love York!I used to have a work meeting there every month and loved having a mooch around the shops while I was there. The Christmas market is lovely. I love a little treat from The Fudge Kitchen too... very naughty I know!
Lovely pics Dx